Chocolate Almond Milk + Whey Protein
- 1 Cup of Raw Almonds
- Half of Dagoba Organic Chocolate Bar (100% Cocoa)
- 1 Scoop of Dolce Vanilla Almond Whey Protein
Step 1: Soak 1 Cup of Almonds in a jar of water for 12 hours
Step 2: Remove almonds and dry off
Step 3: Melt Dark chocolate on sauce pan with a little bit of water so that the chocolate doesn’t stick
Step 4: Put all of the ingredients in your blender (almonds, melted cocoa, 1 scoop of protein, and water)
Step: Blend until everything is completely mixed together and add as much water as you’d like. Depending on the consistency that you’d like to have it.
Reasons why I really love this drink:
- The Dolce Whey Protein is a great source of fast acting protein that can help refuel me after a tough workout. This brand of protein comes from Grass-Fed cows and has no added sugars so it’s nice not having to worry about what’s actually in the powder.
- The antioxidant power of flavonoids and essential minerals and vitamins found in 100% cacao make it a superfood.
- Healthy fats from the cocoa and almonds.
- Raw almonds provide another source of protein.
- This drink is not only great for post workout nutrition, but is also great for anytime of the day. It’s very nutritious and provides healthy fat, proteins, vitamins and minerals. I tend to drink a little before each workout and then finish the rest right after I finish.