Staying flexible is something that has always been an issue for me. In the past 6 months, I’ve followed this 17 minute stretch routine (or something similar) and tried to do it at least 3 times a week. Hips, Calves, and Hamstrings are generally the areas where I am very tight so this routine is somewhat catered to helping loosen them up.
- Hip Flexor Stretch (2 mins/side)
- Pigeon Stretch (2 mins/side)
- Quad Stretch (2 mins total) – If you can’t go back all the way that is totally fine. Only go to the point where you feel the stretch in your hip flexor and quads.
- Elbow to Inside of Foot (2 mins/side)
- Hamstring Stretch from Knee (1 min/side)
- Deep Squat Hold (1 min total)